A School is an institution that conducts a training program in massage therapy, bodywork or somatic therapies. The program may be offered at a for-profit proprietary school or career college, private non-profit college, or a publicly-funded community college or vocational school. Each branch or campus location of an institution under the same ownership or administrative control is considered a separate school for the purposes of Alliance membership.
To be eligible for School Membership, the institution must be in legal operation (or be exempt by statute), and must offer a training program of at least 500 clock hours in length.
Program directors, department heads and other staff at Alliance Member Schools are included within this overall institutional membership. Administrative staff at non-member schools may join as individuals under the Supporting category.
SCHOOL MEMBER DUES
- $300 Annual Membership: Provides affiliation with the Alliance and includes a $100 discount per registration for attendees from your school at the Biennial Educational Conference. You’ll also receive ongoing news about massage therapy education and updates on the Alliance’s projects, Voting Rights at the AFMTE Business Meeting, plus the full range of services, benefits and discount programs.
BENEFITS FOR SCHOOL MEMBERS:
- Free Continuing Education Listings: Post upcoming workshops, webinars and online courses to the Continuing Education Resource Directory hosted on the Alliance website. This directory gives massage therapists and bodyworkers a “go-to” place to search for continuing education, and provides you with an important promotional channel for your courses. You’ll be able to include a workshop description, sponsor and location information, website hotlink, and a logo or photo. You can post an unlimited number of workshops for free! Plus, we also make email announcements through our monthly newsletter about upcoming continuing education courses that our posted in our CE Course Directory.
- Alliance Online Training Center: Program directors, administrative staff and faculty all need ongoing professional development, and we created a learning portal to fulfill those needs. The Alliance Online Training Center is housed on our website, and provides immediate access to the complete catalog of online courses offered by MaxKnowledge– the leader in distance education for career training schools. The regular price of these online courses is $149 each, but AFMTE Members pay just $129 per course – a savings of $20. To acquaint you with this great resource, you will receive your FIRST COURSE FREE!
- Expert Marketing Support: As one of the industry leaders in the area of education marketing, Enrollment Resources provides a comprehensive suite of services and programs that enable schools to significantly increase enrollment, sales and profitability. As a School Member, you will receive a $500 discount on their Enrollment Management Performance Improvement process, as well as preferred rates on Website Optimization services, Pay-Per-Click Advertising Management, and ER’s new Compliance Mystery Shopping Program.
- Year Round Exposure: Receive year-round exposure in our member directory, with links to your website and social media sites.
- Massage Today Advertising Discounts: You’re eligible to receive a 25% discount on Print Ads in the Schools & Education Section, as well as 25% off all Banner Ads on MassageToday.com.
- Massage Magazine Advertising Discounts: You’ll receive a 20% discount on Print Ads 1/4 page and larger, 20% off Listings in the Schools+Training Section, and 10% off all Banner Ads on MassageMag.com and their weekly E-Newsletter to students and therapists.
- Use the Alliance Membership Badge: Proudly show your commitment to our mission and goals of educational excellence by using the Alliance Member badge on your website or print material. Click here to download and read the terms and conditions
- Voting Rights: AFMTE members have voting rights for our annual elections
- Conference Savings: AFMTE members save $100 per registration for attendees from your school for our Biennial Educational Congress
Click JOIN to sign up now with a credit or debit card. This link will take you to an Online Registration page that will allow you to purchase your membership via the Alliance’s secure web system.
Those wishing to sign up by mail or phone please call AFMTE’s virtual assistant Naomi Oliviae at (520) 329-2627 or reach out to her by email at [email protected]
Learn More About AFMTE Member Benefits:
Learn More About Current AFMTE Members: